Is there a specific place where you’ve seen fairies, ghosts, bigfoot, time travelers, extraterrestrials, ultraterrestrials, crow conferences, sentient lawn computers, lanyard’d ogres, broccoli wizards, etc.
Like what we’re doing? Become a member of the Society for Liminal Cartography on Patreon!
We are interested in tales of the strange, wonderful, unusual, and unexpected. To be considered for inclusion on The Map, your submission should meet the following criteria:
– We want genuine encounters only. However, we encourage acts of spontaneous mythologizing. We’ll be able to tell the difference.
– Ghost stories are OK, but what we’re REALLY interested in are tales of *high weirdness.* ‘Winged aliens fed me salty pancakes’ (an actual encounter– look it up!) is far more intriguing than ‘I felt a cold breeze on a hot day.
– Entries can/should include genuine “encounters” but also “I saw a crow and it looked at me weird.” Encounters with animals, plants, the landscape, etc. are especially encouraged.
– We give precedence to personal accounts. No “my sister’s cousin’s uncle saw this.”
– Historical accounts are fine, as long as they aren’t too well known. Nothing you heard on a Ghost Tour or read somewhere. Exceptions will be made for REALLY WEIRD stuff.
– We encourage accounts from other cultures (i.e. Coast Salish); however, cultural appropriation will not be tolerated.
– Submissions should not include any identifying information (names, addresses, etc.), except in cases where notable landmarks or public spaces are involved. As an example, “The corner of 5th and James” is acceptable, as would be “The Seattle Art Museum” or “Volunteer Park.” “My friend John Yopi, who lives at 387 SW Example St.,” would not.
Submit your entries here: http://liminalseattle.com/submit
Want to receive updates when something new has been updated the Liminal Seattle map? Sign up for our mailing list and we will send you a weekly roundup of the newest submissions! We’ll also share other opportunities for meetups and touring the sites! Sign up below:
Subscribe to our mailing list